As far as we have seen, Android v4.1, commonly known by its code name, Jelly Bean is one of beautiful versions of Google Android. Exclusive features such as Offline Typing, support for low-end hardware configurations, revamped UI etc. As most of you know, there are various Android Jelly Bean devices in the market, which have been followed by popularity just after their launches. Oppo 5 is such a device; you can get from the enormous Smartphone market. This device is an impressive one just because of its high-end processor, RAM and a good camera. However, the power of root access can give 5-incher the ability to explore productive section of Android OS, supported by many open-source lovers. Here, we would like to tell you a simplest way for rooting Oppo 5 and availing those root-only features to your device.
Before you start
Since we are not able to predict the power failures or technical errors during the process, we advise you to save all your sensitive data including contacts, messages, applications etc in a safer place before you start the rooting process, so that even if something goes wrong you can secure your valuable data. Preferably, it is a good decision to keep a charge of at least 80% in your device in order to avoid sudden power offs and hence reducing chances of your device being bricked due to the power off.
Rooting your Oppo 5
- As the first part of this rooting process, you have to download Framaroot-1.5.3.apk.
- Connect your Oppo 5 to your PC using USB Cable of Device.
- Open the SD Card of device and copy the downloaded file into SD Card.
Now, you have to install the application using .apk file in your device. For that, one file manager is required.
- Download a File manger application from Google Play. You can use Astro File Manager or ES File Explorer.
- Open the file manager and go to the directory, to where you copied the .apk file, in former section.
- Now install the Application using the File Manager. Before that, you should make sure that you have allowed application installation from Non-Google Play source. In case if you have not, you can do so by going to Settings Security and ticking option ‘Unknown Sources’.
- Go to the application menu of your device. Open the Framaroot application.
- Click on Gandalf and Now, you may have to wait more than minutes to view that successful completion pop-up
- Now, normally reboot your device.
- Yes! You have successfully rooted your Oppo 5. Now, start exploring productive Android just at your fingertip.
Hope the article helped you in rooting you Oppo 5. Do let us know if there are any difficulties during the rooting process.