Nowadays, everyone, who would like to explore the exceptionally deep valleys of Android, try to root their Android-powered Smartphone or Tablet PC. As most of you might know, rooting can open you to a world of productive tools and applications, which can increase the usability of your device. Albeit there are some issues with warranty, due to rooting, most of Android power users would like to root their device. This post is for such Android-lovers who own Xperia XL, one of the best devices from Sony Mobiles, included in the Xperia series. Here, we will share you how to root your Xperia ZL. We are introducing you the simplest way for rooting the device, which requires less technical stuff. However, you should keep in mind that rooting could void the warranty of your Xperia device. In addition, neither the author nor this blog will be responsible for the damages or loss of data you might face during the rooting process.
Before We Start
Though we say Xperia ZL as the device, this tutorial is for rooting specific models of Sony Xperia ZL – C6503 and C6502. Do not use this method for rooting other models, and we will not be responsible for the problems you face. Moreover, you should keep the following things in mind.
- Unlock Bootloader of Xperia ZL. Only after that, you would be able to make changes to the current ROM.
- You may face some technical errors during the process. Therefore, we advise you to keep a backup of all your essential data, including contacts, messages, apps and media files.
- Keep minimum charge of 70% in your device, so that we can avoid sudden power-offs.
- You have to enable USB debugging in your device (Settings à Applications à Development à tick USB Debugging).
- You should install the appropriate drivers of Xperia ZL in your PC. Otherwise you may face some connectivity issues.
In addition, above all, follow our steps much carefully because even one small mistake can cause you bigger problems.
Rooting Xperia ZL via Bin4ry Method
- If you have positive answers for all prerequisites, mentioned above, you can now start the process of rooting your Xperia ZL. Here, we are using Bin4ry method for rooting your method. Finally, keep the following steps carefully for rooting your device. Nevertheless, these steps are much simple indeed.
- You have to download the root file. Keep the file extracted in an easily accessible folder.
- Connect your Xperia ZL with PC via USB Cable.
- Now, from the extracted file list, double click on RunMe.bat, which will open one command prompt.
- In the command prompt, you can see three options, from which you should select the third option.
- Soon, you can see some instructions on the screen. You have to follow those steps correctly.
- If you have followed those steps correctly, you can finalize the rooting process in minutes.
Finally, you have finished rooting your Sony Xperia ZL, by means of Bin4ry method. Now onwards, you can start exploring the root-only label led Android applications and other tools. Do you find this article useful? Do let us know.